Here at North Pointe Dental, our team of Tampa dentists believes the old saying that good teeth and a great smile can take you far in life. We have some of the best dentists in Tampa to help you with your oral care! We believe in high quality care and customer care. Our ultimate goal is that when you smile; you smile with radiance, beauty and confidence. Our team of dentists here in Tampa also wants to educate you about oral hygiene. Here is a list of some fun facts about teeth to help you keep them strong and healthy!
- Did you know that the enamel, surface of the tooth, is the hardest part of your body?
- Before you are even born, your teeth are forming. Baby teeth form while in the womb, but we don’t see them until a baby is 6-12 months old.
- Humans are omnivores (plant and meat eaters). This means that we have four types of teeth: incisors, canine, premolars, and molars. We use them to cut, tear, chomp, and grind our food. Thanks to these different types of teeth, we can eat everything from plants to meat.
- TAKE CARE OF YOUR TEETH! You only have two sets for your entire life (baby teeth and permanent teeth). Make sure to take extra good care of your permanent teeth, because those will be your last.
- Did you know teeth are as unique as a fingerprint? No one has the same set of teeth as you do.
- Guess how much saliva you produce during your lifetime? Over 25,000 quarts! This is enough to fill two swimming pools.
- The average human spends about 38 days brushing their teeth over the course of their life.
- Oral care is often neglected. However, many diseases are actually connected to your oral care. This includes heart disease and diabetes.
- About a third of your tooth is hiding under your gums. You only see about two thirds.
- If you are ever in a situation where your tooth gets knocked out, immediately put it in milk and hold it in your mouth. This will actually help your tooth survive longer as you rush to the dentist!
Come visit us to learn more. Contact us today!