We all want perfect teeth, but our genes or lifestyle choices sometimes mean we have to put up with a less-than-perfect smile. Crooked teeth can affect our confidence and self-esteem, making us feel self-conscious when we smile. If you’re looking for a way to fix crooked teeth without wearing metal braces for years, Invisalign could be the solution for you.
Here at North Pointe Dental Associates, we are home to some of the best Tampa dentists, so we asked them to share everything you need to know about Invisalign.
How teeth imperfections affect confidence
Let’s start with why crooked teeth can have such a significant impact on our self-esteem. A perfect smile is often seen as part of the first impression we make when meeting someone for the first time. It helps to show that we are successful and confident, even if it isn’t always true. Crooked teeth can be associated with negative stereotypes like laziness or carelessness.
Traditional vs. Invisalign braces
Most people know about traditional metal braces when it comes to fixing crooked teeth. However, another option – Invisalign – has become increasingly popular in recent years due to its many advantages over regular braces.
Invisalign uses clear aligners made from medical-grade plastic rather than brackets and wires. They are custom-made to fit your teeth and mouth, then changed every few weeks as your teeth move into the desired position.
10 benefits of Invisalign
- Clear aligners – you won’t have to worry about anyone noticing you’re wearing braces.
- Comfortable – the aligners are made from a smooth plastic material that won’t irritate your gums or cheeks as metal brackets can.
- Removable – you can take them out whenever it’s convenient for you, such as when eating or brushing your teeth.
- Quicker results – Invisalign can take up to a year less than traditional braces to achieve the same results in some cases.
- Easier to keep clean – you can brush and floss your teeth normally with the aligners, which is much easier than cleaning around brackets and wires.
- Fewer check-ups – since the aligners are changed every few weeks, there’s no need for regular visits to have them adjusted.
- Improved oral health – since Invisalign clear aligners don’t require bands or wires, there are fewer places for plaque and bacteria to hide, leading to improved oral hygiene overall.
- Reduce tooth decay – when crooked teeth overlap each other, it can be harder to clean between them properly, which increases the risk of tooth decay. Invisalign helps to straighten your teeth so they can be cleaned more effectively.
- Easier to eat – since the aligners are removable, you don’t have to worry about breaking them when eating or drinking.
- Fewer visits to the dentist – traditional braces require regular adjustments, which means more trips to the dentist’s office, but with Invisalign, this isn’t necessary as often.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign gradually moves your teeth into position using a series of custom-made, clear plastic aligners. You’ll need to wear the aligners for at least 22 hours daily and change them every two weeks as your teeth move into new positions. Your dentist will monitor your progress throughout treatment and make any necessary adjustments along the way.
Book your appointment today
In conclusion, if you’re looking for an effective solution to fix crooked teeth without having to wear traditional metal braces, Invisalign could be a great option. At North Pointe Dental Associates, our Tampa dentists can help you decide whether or not Invisalign is suitable for your needs. Contact us today to book an appointment and learn more about how we can help you achieve a perfect smile.